Authors: Prof. Anil Kadu, Sumaiyya Nadaf, Medhavi Pajgade, Mrunal Narwane, Anjali Nile
Certificate: View Certificate
The Automated Ration Distribution System (ARDS) is a state-of-the-art technological system designed to improve the efficiency, fairness, and accuracy of ration distribution. The ARDS combines artificial intelligence, machine learning, and data analytics to automate the distribution process, lower errors, and ensure equitable access to essential food supplies. Among the primary characteristics are user-friendly interface, data analysis, biometric verification, and intelligent inventory management. The technology facilitates data-driven decision-making, optimizes resource distribution, lowers shortages, detects and eliminates fraud. By fostering fair access to essential goods and promoting transparency in the allocation of rations, the ARDS has the potential to revolutionize rationing, particularly in crisis- affected areas.
A revolutionary approach to solving the problems with ration distribution operations is the Automated Ration Distribution System (ARDS). The ARDS incorporates cutting-edge approaches and digital technology in an effort to increase efficiency, transparency, and equitable access to rations. Manual errors, lengthy wait times, and instances of malfeasance commonly reset traditional ration distribution systems, leading to resource inefficiencies and injustices. These issues directly affect underprivileged groups, causing food insecurity and endangering the wellbeing of both the person and the community. The ARDS has created a comprehensive solution to streamline the entire process after realizing the need for an improved procedure.
The essential tenet of the ARDS is the automation of various aspects of distribution, from inventory control through beneficiary tracking and identification. By combining AI and ML algorithms, the system provides real-time monitoring and analysis of data related to ration availability, demand trends, and distribution logistics. This data-driven strategy enables decision-makers to make informed decisions and optimize resource allocation because it is based on exact and current information. One essential component of the ARDS is the intelligent inventory management system. Utilizing sophisticated algorithms, the system can efficiently track and manage rations, ensuring timely replacement and reducing the risk of shortages. This increases resource delivery effectiveness, reduces waste, and ensures that those who need them most receive them. The usage of biometric authentication is a key component of the ARDS. The methodology makes use of methods like fingerprint or iris scanning to make sure that the intended beneficiaries receive their meals. This lowers the risk of identity fraud and increases the transparency and accountability of the distribution process.
Distribution of rations could be revolutionized by the application of the ARDS, especially in resource- constrained regions and crisis-affected areas. The approach encourages openness, accountability, and equal access to basic food supplies by automating and expediting the process. The ARDS is a key advancement in tackling the problems with ration distribution, thereby enhancing the lives and well- being of vulnerable groups.
II. LITERATURE REVIEW
The information will then be entered by the customer using a keyboard and transferred via GSM technology by the controller to the government office and the customer.
4. Elshaama V W, Vidya B, Rahul K, and Trupti M4 recommended in A Survey On Advanced Ration Distribution System to have access to stock information and data that can be accessed by both common consumers and government officials in the head office. Thus, physical labour is replaced with a completely automated electronic equipment controlled by controllers that properly measures the items and updates transaction information in a digital format.
5. A review paper on the deep learning-based public ration distribution system was written by Dr. Ravindra Jogekar, Kalyan Dahake, Yash Banode, Sankalp Selokar, Rutuja Chikhale, and Yash Banode. The public distribution system's main objective is to guarantee that Indian citizens receive an adequate amount of food in accordance with their financial situation. Only government employees working at the headquarters have access to data on the stock that is now on hand and that is arriving. To precisely measure items and update data about ration distribution, transactions, and ration card users in a digital format on a central database, fully automated electronic techniques using Arduino controllers should completely replace manual labour.
6. The Automated Ration Material Distribution System was developed by Srinivas Hebbar, Sanjana Srinivasan, and Shravan Kumar. They developed and implemented an Automatic Ration Material Distribution System based on RFID and Biometric technology in place of conventional ration cards.
7. The prior system, called the Automatic Ration Dispensing System (ARDS) by Sateesh Kumar H C, relied on human distribution, which led to inaccurate material quantity estimation. This method is susceptible to human mistake, corruption, and illegal commodity smuggling. They have employed the MASTER KEY method along with finger print authentication to avoid this problem. The user must input a One Time Password that is only valid for a short period of time as part of the finger print authentication process.
8. Presenting Biometric Authentication Based Automated Ration Disbursal for Public Distribution System are Shripad
9. Deshpande, Harikrishnan.R., and Siddarth S. Biraj. The Smart Automated Ration Disbursal System (SARDS), a novel application for automating the Public Distribution System that employs the Internet of Things to replace manual PDS processes, is presented in this paper. The components of this system include embedded controllers for online biometric customer verification, smart measuring for precise commodities distribution, and real-time data updating on the server.
10. By Swapnil Kurkute, Damini Bhoye, Kishori Kavare, and Priyanka Musale, "E-Rationing System: A New Approach" The government has provided clients with various types of cards for the Ration Material Distribution System (RMDS) based on their destitute queue. GSM technology, which stands for Global System for Mobile Communication, will be used for distant information transmission, together with a biometric machine for authentication, an RFID card for recognizable evidence and exchange, and an advanced processor to operate the system.
11. Automated Ration Material Distribution System by Rohan Pinto, Shibani Shetty, S. Shravya, Thrupthi, and Sushmitha. This approach is straightforward and substitutes the ration card with the Aadhar card for customer identification. The system distributes ration items like wheat, rice, and sugar using an automated procedure with no assistance from people. The system's benefits include overcoming problems including data accuracy, unauthorized data entry, and inaccurate weighing of items owing to human mistake.
The system is created using different technologies like IoT, Firebase which are the helpful in automation process of any system.
Hardware components used in the project are Node MCU ESP8266, 4X4 Keypad, Liquid crystal display with I2C Module, 5kg Load cell with amplifier module HX711, Servo motor. The Node MCU is used as the main processing unit of the system and performs all the logical computations in the PDS. The process start with consumer authentication, where the credentials like user id and password that the consumer enters will be matched with stored credentials of the consumer recorded while registration. In the system we are considering the ration card number as the main authenticity factor. The input is taken from the 4x4 keypad where the process is being displayed through the LCD. After validation the messages of ration quantity and price will be displayed where the consumer have the choice to select the needed ration item and in the desired quantity where the cost will be shown according to the quantity of ration item the consumer has selected. For payment process we are using RFID and QR Scanning technique. After the payment completion, the dispenser mechanism starts working in which the container outlet is opened by the servo motor the servo motor return to the initial position closing the outlet of the dispensing container.
The servo motor is regulated using the reading collected from the Load cell as the quantity of ration entered by the consumer will be taken as an stop value for the servo motor so that the receiving container to not overflow. All he data collected from the PDS will be stored in the database in the cloud. This records can be used for prediction in ration storage strategies and future prediction about the PDS.
V. FUTURE SCOPE
The use of a biometric lock, the integration of IoT devices to enable real-time monitoring of inventory levels, storage conditions, and distribution logistics, the implementation of block chain technology in the ARDS, which can increase transparency, and the incorporation of mobile payment systems into the ARDS can all improve the device. Implementing a QR scanner, a GSM module, and developing an Android application will enable users to get information on the availability of food in various PDS centers.
The Automated Ration Distribution System (ARDS) provides an appealing solution to the problems that traditional ration distribution systems encounter. The ARDS improves efficiency, transparency, and equal access to crucial food supplies by integrating sophisticated technologies such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, and data analytics. The ARDS\'s user-friendly interfaces make it accessible to people of all technological literacy levels, guaranteeing that recipients may readily participate in the distribution process and stay informed about their entitlements.
 Jinali Goradia and Sarthak Doshib\'s Automated Ration Material Distribution System , December 2015, International Conference on Advanced Computing Technologies and Applications(ICACTA-2015). https://www.researchgate.net/publication/27756836 8_Automated_Ration _Distribution_ System  Golden Bagul, Brendon Desouza , Tejaswini Gaikwad and Ankush Panghanti’s Smart Ration Card Automation System, May-2017, International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology (IRJET), Volume:04 Issue:05. https://www.irjet.net/archives/V4/i5/IRJET-V4I5855.pdf  S.Valarmathy, R.Ramani, Fahim Akhtar, Automatic Ration Material Distributions Based on GSM and RFID Technology, Published Online October 2013 in MECS. https://www.mecs-press.org/ijisa/ijisa-v5-n11/IJISA- V5-N11-5.pdf  Elshaama V W, Vidya B, Rahul K, Trupti M4, Survey On Advanced Ration Distribution System, Volume: 06 Issue: 04 | Apr 2019, p-ISSN: 2395-0072 e-ISSN: 2395-0056 https://www.irjet.net/archives/V6/i4/IRJET-V6I41140.pdf  Kalyan Dahake, Yash Banode ,Sankalp Selokar , Rutuja Chikhale and Dr.Ravindra Jogekar’s Review paper on Public Ration Distribution System Using Deep Learning, Published on: 08-03-2022, IJRASET Journal for Research in Applied Science and Engineering Technology, ISSN: 2321-9653, Estd :2013. https://www.ijraset.com/research-paper/public- ration-distribution-system-using-deep-learning  Srinivas Hebbar, Sanjana Srinivasan, Automated Ration Material Distribution System, International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology (IJERT) ISSN: 2278-0181 Published by, www.ijert.org NCESC - 2018 Conference Proceedings. https://www.ijert.org/research/automated-ration- material-distribution-system-IJERTCONV6IS13221.pdf  Automatic Ration Dispensing System by Vinay R, Sharath P, Kushal M P, Madeppa C, Sateesh Kumar H C, IJSART - Volume 6 Issue 6 – JUNE 2020 ISSN [ONLINE]: 2395-1052 https://www.researchgate.net/publication/34369 0388_Automatic_Ration_Dispensing_System  Biometric Authentication Based Automated Ration Disbursal for Public Distribution System by Shripad V Deshpande, Harikrishnan.R, Siddarth S Biraj International Journal of Recent Technology and Engineering (IJRTE) ISSN: 2277-3878, Volume-8, Issue-4S2, December 2019 https://www.ijrte.org/wp- content/uploads/papers/v8i4s2/D11341284S219 .pdf  E-Rationing System : A New Approach by Swapnil Kurkute , Damini Bhoye , Kishori Kavare, and Priyanka Musale , March 2019, Conference: International Conference on Sustainable Computing in Science ,Technology and Management (SUSCOM 2019). At:Rajasthan. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/33196794 8_E-Rationing_System_A_New_Approach  Automated Ration Material Distribution System by Rohan Pinto, Shibani Shetty, S shravya, Thrupthi and Sushmitha , 2021 5th International Conference on Electrical , Electronics, Communication , Computer Technologies and Optimization Techniques (ICEECCOT). Publisher:IEEE. https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/9707913
Copyright © 2023 Prof. Anil Kadu, Sumaiyya Nadaf, Medhavi Pajgade, Mrunal Narwane, Anjali Nile. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.