Authors: Mayur S. Shelke, Nikhilkumar P. Chichghare, Shreyash U. Bondre, Ankit M. Maske, Bhavesh R. Pounikar, Sneha M. Panware
Certificate: View Certificate
The IoT Enabled Grass Cutter Robo-Car project represents a transformative leap in the realm of lawn maintenance, merging cutting-edge robotics with the expansive capabilities of the Internet of Things (IoT). At its core, this project introduces a state-of-the-art Robo-Car, meticulously engineered to be remotely controlled through an Android application. The crux of the communication infrastructure is a web server, with the ESP8266 serving as the linchpin by receiving signals from the server. These signals orchestrate the nuanced operations of a L298N motor driver, steering the precise movement of 100 RPM motors, and a relay module that commands the activation of the grass cutter motor. With a vision to redefine the landscape of lawn care, this project stands as an exemplar of efficiency, convenience, and remote accessibility in the realm of smart agriculture.
Traditional lawn maintenance has grappled with challenges stemming from manual exertion and time-intensive processes, hindering overall efficiency in the field. The advent of the IoT Enabled Grass Cutter Robo-Car marks a transformative leap forward, introducing a sophisticated solution that addresses the inherent limitations of traditional practices. Through the utilization of IoT technology, this innovative project not only enhances the effectiveness of grass-cutting operations but also mitigates the physical strain imposed on the workforce.
The primary objective is to usher in a new era of empowerment for users, granting them the ability to exercise remote oversight and control over the intricacies of grass-cutting operations. At the core of this technological marvel is the integration of IoT, which enables seamless communication between the Grass Cutter Robo-Car and an intuitive Android application. This integration allows users to remotely monitor and manage various aspects of the grass-cutting process, providing a level of control unprecedented in traditional lawn maintenance.
The Grass Cutter Robo-Car, equipped with state-of-the-art technology, becomes a reliable and efficient ally in the pursuit of maintaining lush lawns without the drawbacks of manual labour. Efficiency gains are achieved by leveraging real-time data and analytics, optimizing the Grass Cutter Robo-Car's performance based on the specific needs of each lawn. The project envisions a departure from the labor-intensive routines of traditional lawn care, ushering in a future where technology seamlessly integrates with nature. Users can enjoy the convenience of scheduling, monitoring, and adjusting grass-cutting operations through the user-friendly interface of the Android application. The Grass Cutter Robo-Car is designed to adapt to diverse lawn environments, ensuring a precise and tailored approach to grass maintenance.
This innovative solution not only enhances operational efficiency but also contributes to resource conservation by utilizing data-driven decision-making for optimal resource utilization. Through the integration of IoT, the project addresses environmental concerns by minimizing the ecological impact associated with traditional lawn maintenance practices. The Android application serves as a central hub, allowing users to receive real-time updates, set preferences, and even initiate grass-cutting operations from the comfort of their smartphones.
Remote oversight empowers users to make informed decisions, adjusting the Grass Cutter Robo-Car's course or operation parameters based on the real-time feedback received through the IoT platform. The paradigm shift introduced by this project extends beyond mere technological innovation; it signifies a commitment to redefining the relationship between humans and the maintenance of green spaces. By streamlining lawn care processes, the project aims to contribute to a more sustainable and environmentally conscious approach to landscaping. The Grass Cutter Robo-Car's intelligent algorithms ensure that it navigates obstacles, adjusts cutting patterns, and maximizes efficiency without human intervention. As the demand for efficient and eco-friendly lawn maintenance solutions grows, the IoT-enabled Grass Cutter Robo-Car emerges as a pioneering force in reshaping the landscape of traditional practices.
II. PROBLEM IDENTIFICATION
III. PROBLEM FORMULATION
IV. LITERATURE REVIEW
Although slightly smaller with an average cutting swath of only 17-19", these new mowers will quietly cutting lawns without the common cloud of blue smoke hanging in the air, for about an hour per charge. Prices are comparable to a high-end gasoline powered motor.
5. Davidge E D: "I’m planning on moving my entire fleet to propane. Not only is it better for the environment, it also increases my productivity. I’m saving money on fuel, and labor costs as well, since my crew isn’t spending time filling up at the pump. Propane has no additives and is a clean burning system. I save on maintenance since there is no carburetor or fuel filter to maintain.
6. Edwin Beard Budding: Budding obtained the idea of the lawn mower after seeing a machine in a local cloth mill which used a cutting cylinder mounted on a bench to trim cloth to make a smooth finish after weaving. Budding realized that a similar concept would enable the cutting of grass if the mechanism could be mounted in a wheeled frame to make the blades rotate close to the lawn's surface.
7. Ms. Lanka Priyanka: In this paper they have fabricated grass cutting machine with tempered blades are attached to this grass cutter. This grass cutter is manually operated as well as automatic operated. The materials commonly used GI sheet, motor, wheel, Al sheet, switch, wire, square pipe and insulating material.
8. P.Bulski: Bulski identify the sound created by the machine is making noice pollution. He research on sound created by the machine and giving the result how to remove the sound while cutting the grass of lawn or ground. As looking to the petrol engine it make air pollution to environment so from my recommendation it should be implement on electric operated lawn motor.
9. Praful P. Ulhe: In this paper they have prepared manually operated grass cutter with spiral roller blades due to spiral blades increases the efficiency of cutting. For adjusting the height reel cutter is component placed on grass cutter. This grass cutter used to cut the grass uniformly and also it can cut the different types grasses.
V. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
VI. CONSTRUCTION & WORKING
 J N Reddy, A course on linear & nonlinear finite element analysis (Great Clarendon Street, Oxford, Oxford University Press, 2004).  Egor P. Popov, Engineering mechanics of solids (Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey: Prentice-Hall, 1990).  Reidel S. Consideration of grip and push forces for the assessment of vibration exposure. Cent Eur J Public Health. 1995;3:13].  Khurmi, R.S. and Gopta, J.K. (1997). Machine Design, 11th Edition. Eurasia Publishing House Ltd. New Delhi.  Khurmi, R.S. and Gopta, J.K. (2003). Machine Design. Eurasa Publishing House, Ltd. New Delhi, India.  M. P. Down and R. J. Sands, ?Biometrics: An overview of the technology, challenges and control considerations,? Inf. Syst. Control J., vol. 4, pp. 53–56, 2004.  S.Balameenakshi. S.Sumathi,? Biometric Recognition of Newborns: Identification using Footprints?, Proceedings of 2013 IEEE International Conference on Information and Communication Technologies (ICT 2013), 737-742, Tamilnadu, India  Hai-Yang Cai, et al ?Newborn Footprint Recognition using Orientation Feature?, Neural Computing & Applications: 1-9, Dec ICIC 2010  Sahoo, Soyuj Kumar, Tarun Choubisa, and Mahadeva Prasanna SR. \"Multimodal biometric person authentication: A review.\" IETE Technical Review29.1 (2012): 54.  Anil Jain, Karthik Nandakumar, Arun Ross,? Score normalization in multimodal biometric systems?, Pattern Recognition 38 (2005) 2270 – 228
Copyright © 2024 Mayur S. Shelke, Nikhilkumar P. Chichghare, Shreyash U. Bondre, Ankit M. Maske, Bhavesh R. Pounikar, Sneha M. Panware. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.